Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber

Amazon.com link for Hannah's List

Hannah, the wife of Dr. Michael Everett, died of ovarian cancer. Before she died she gave a letter to her brother, Michael’s best friend, to be given to her husband on the first anniversary of her death. The letter contained heartwarming instructions to carry on with his life and to marry again. In the letter she also gave him a list of three women she wanted him to consider. One was her cousin, one her oncology nurse and the last was an artist friend.

Hannah’s List is a light romance and an easy read. The set-up to the story with the heartwarming letter and Michael’s reaction endears the character to the reader. Each of the women in the story has their own reasons for considering a relationship with Michael and as a typical reader I picked my own favorite. Their back stories added to the easy flow of the story and created a satisfying story conclusion.

This was the first time I have read a book by Debbie Macomber, although I have several more of her books in my to-be- read shelf. I am now eagerly looking forward to reading the others.

1 comment:

  1. I have books by her before and this looks like a another good book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...