Monday, May 10, 2010

Cooking from the Garden: Best Recipes from Kitchen Gardener by Ruth Lively

Amazon.com link for Cooking from the Garden
Cooking from the Garden takes the best recipes from a publication called The Kitchen Gardener, published from 1996 to 2001. Recipe categories include:


Starters, Snacks & Drinks,
Breakfast, Brunch & Egg Dishes
Sauces, Salsas & Vinaigrettes
Salads
Breads and Sandwiches
Soups
Side Dishes
Pasta, Grains & Beans
Main Dishes
Desserts and Sweets
Preserving

This is definitely a make-it-from-scratch cookbook that includes recipes for homemade ketchup, Thyme Mayonnaise, dressings and sauces. The recipes have easy to follow instructions and a short list of a few basic ingredients. There are no photographs of finished dishes, but there are tips and menu ideas. Most of the recipes contain ingredients that can be grown most anywhere or can be found at a local farmers market. These are good, wholesome family recipes.

2 comments:

  1. I think I may LOVE this cookbook. Thanks for the recommendation and stopping by my blog, SITSta! :) Now to make my garden include veggies and such. Oh, huuuuuuusband! I've got an ideaaaaaaa! tehehe I say that, but he'll love it to. He's the cook in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recipes from older cookbooks. My favs are ones my 93 year old mother-in-law gave me and there are no pictures in there, either. Just tried and true recipes handed down from generations.

    Luv from SITS sister.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...