Friday, November 25, 2011

Seamless (or nearly seamless) Knits by Andra Knight-Bowman


Sewing seams in knit garments isn’t difficult, but it is a very time-consuming process to make it look nice.  So I was happy to find a book with almost seam-free patterns, Seamless (or nearly seamless) Knits by Andra Knight-Bowman.

The book starts with a short (3 pages) section of Special Techniques and Tips that contains instructions for cast ons, three-needle bind off, and knitting in the round.

The patterns are divided into three sections:
Building from the Bottom Up – A shell, a sweater with ½ sleeves, a long sleeveless dress, sweater with ¾ sleeves, 2 vests, 2 long sleeve sweaters, a jacket, and a hoodie

Taking it from the Top Down – A v-neck sweater with ¾ sleeves, and three long-sleeve sweaters

Somewhat Side to Side – Long vest (my favorite), Short sleeve sweater (my second favorite), 2 long sleeve sweaters, and a jacket.

Skill levels are marked and there are 8 labeled as easy, 10 as intermediate and 1 for experienced knitters.  There are 5 size ranges in each pattern.

I liked the styles in this book because they are current without being wild.  The patterns are easy to follow and have easy to read double spacing between row instructions.  The only problem I had is that on a couple of the more difficult patterns there were abbreviations that I was not familiar with.  There is a section in the back of the book for abbreviations, but I found at least three that were not explained.

Thank you to Martingale & Company for a review copy of this book, accepted only with the condition that I write my honest opinion of the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...