Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Isle of Shadows by T.L. Higley


Tessa is a courtesan or high class prostitute longing for freedom. When her master dies, she uses his misfortune to create a new life for herself.

T.L. Higley is a very good writer, but this book didn't hold my attention.  The one thing I missed in his book was the sense of location. As I read another of her books, Petra: City of Stone, I was there at that location and could see, smell, and feel the locality. I also couldn't identify with the main characters.  

Well written, but not the type of book that draws me in, and a disappointment.

I received an electronic version of this book through the "bookSneeze" program.

1 comment:

  1. I actually really enjoyed this book! :) We all have different tastes though :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...