Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Double Blind by Brandilyn Collins



I hope you are ready for another dose of “Seatbelt Suspense®”!  Lisa is 29, suffered several miscarriages, lost her husband and suffered a violent attack. Although she is a person of faith, her depression has become overwhelming. She has tried to rely on God, but she feels her only hope is to be the subject of a new medical experiment which will implant a chip in her brain. What starts out as a quick fix turns out to be her worst nightmare.

This was an interesting plot as the character works through matters of faith while longing for a way to rid her of that crushing depression.  With today’s technology I thought the story was believable, and I could understand the character’s desire to enter into the trial.  The author does not disappoint as she brings her trademark nail-biting suspense to this story. There are some twists in the story that were interesting and surprising.

I confess that I was a little annoyed by the character’s complaints about her mother which I thought were rather superficial criticisms. But in spite of that, I enjoyed the mother/daughter relationship and how they worked through their problems.  It was a very important part of the story.

I have read several of Brandilyn Collins books and although I wouldn't say this was my favorite, it certainly is an interesting read that I would definitely recommend .


I received a review copy of this book in return for an honest and fair review.  I provide a link to Amazon.com to purchase the book, but it is only as a courtesy and I receive no compensation if purchased.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...