Saturday, October 24, 2009

Just a Little Travel

I feel like Johnny Cash in his song I've Been Everywhere


"I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
Crossed the deserts bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man
Of travel I've had my share, man
I've been everywhere"

Packed up the Hummer and my husband, the dog, and I set off on a road trip.  We traveled through 13 states in 2 1/2 weeks and saw some amazing sites and several National Parks, including Big Bend, Yosemite, and Death Valley.  We also saw some things that make me realize this is no longer the America I grew up in, and that is disappointing.  I am happy to be home, but I may never feel safe traveling by car again. While our Internet access was spotty, I did read some of my review books and will now get busy with posting the reviews. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...