Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Adventures of Snip in Oregon by Betty S. Moir and Illustrated by Yumi V. Vong *****




Amazon link for the book:The Adventures of Snip in Oregon


The Adventures of Snip in Oregon is an adorable book about life in the country from the eyes of a dog and his family. As a dog owner myself, I am not the least bit surprised that Snip thought it was his job to help a youngster learn to drive, or that he was not about to share his dinner with the local raccoon. I am, however, happy to know that I am not the only one who takes their dog out for an ice cream cone! These are just a few of the stories shared with the reader about Jim, Jr., Heather, John, and, of course, Snip. The book is beautifully illustrated and even includes some photographs.

This is a perfect book to read to small children or for older school aged children to read for themselves. I liked very much that the dialog in the book does not talk down to children. Young children will learn new words, and older children will not think that the book is babyish. It is a book that teaches about animals, country life, chores and dog care. I highly recommend this book to parents, teachers, and daycare workers.

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of my dog, Harvey, who thought he was a human too. Well, he could read my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...