Saturday, February 19, 2011

365 Knitting Stitches a Year By Martingale & Company

Amazon.com link to purchase 365 Knitting Stitches a Year

This is just the first of several craft books I have received for review.  Keep an eye out for my upcoming reviews for knitting, quilting and craft studio design! My first review is for a perpetual calendar with knitting stitches on every page.

I would never have thought that there would actually be 365 different kinds of knit stitch patterns, but this nice perpetual calendar has not only the stitches, but a nice section with instructions for some of the special stitches. 

I thought I would try to at least make up a sample of a project to see if the instructions are easy to follow. Just picking a page at random, I decided to try April 4 which is the Stockinette Triangles.  This one was an easy one with multiples of 5 stitches and 6 rows and worked up quickly. 

Although the one I tried was an easy one, there are stitch designs for all skill levels.  The possibilities are endless with dozens of cable stitches, twist stitches, laces, and bobbles, woven style, and so much more.

Because this is a perpetual calendar, you can buy it any time of the year and use it year after year.  This stand-up desk calendar has a very sturdy base and heavy duty double spiral binder.

This would make a nice addition to a craft room, office desk or a gift for a knitter.

Thank you to Martingale & Company  for providing me with this review copy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...