Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Matter of Trust by (A Mia Quinn Mystery) by Lis Wiehl

A Matter of Trust is a fast-paced mystery with a few twists here and there to add to the interest.  Two prosecutors are murdered years apart. Is it coincidence or are they connected?  This is a new series with Mia Quinn as the main character. It is an easy read that held my interest, and I liked that I didn't figure out who the killer was until late in the book.

Unfortunately, it also annoyed me in a few ways. There were two story lines thrown in, neither of which added to the main story. The character of Mia also wasn't very likable. Her parenting skills deserved a call to DCSF, and her constant whining about financial difficulties left me cold. Yes, her husband left her with financial burdens, but she is a prosecutor, not an unskilled worker.

Good, but not great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...