Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Wrong Man by David Ellis

The Wrong ManThe Wrong Man by David Ellis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How does a lawyer defend a man that can’t or won’t defend himself? When Tom Stoller, a homeless Iraqi war vet suffering from PTSD, is accused of murder, Jason Kolarich takes on his defense. His defense is complicated by the fact that his client won’t talk and statements at the time of arrest appear to be a confession. Jason is a bulldog of a lawyer that doesn’t rest until he finds the best way to defend his client, especially when he starts to believe that Tom may be innocent.

Although The Wrong Man is book three of a series, it is very much a stand-alone story. I never felt I needed to know some back story to fully understand what was happening. It did have some problems that put me off a little. There were certain surprise twists in the story that were not much of a surprise for me. Also, the way he incorporated a girlfriend into his work life was odd. I did enjoy reading the book and I would still recommend it to those who like legal mystery/thrillers.

Disclosure: I won an ARC of this book from librarything.com.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...