Sunday, June 24, 2012

What You Need to Know about Bible Prophecy by Max Anders

What You Need to Know about Bible Prophecy: 12 Lessons That Can Change Your Life by Max Anders
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What You Need to Know About Bible Prophecy is a book with 12 lessons that can be taught in a Bible class, Sunday School or personal Bible Study. The book has a “who, what, where, when and why” feel to it. Why study prophecy and what is the big picture? It is also presented with differing viewpoints commonly believed by different faiths, and presented in a neutral manner. This is not a fluff study, but tends to provoke thought and discussion.

Following each chapter is a review section that I think is one of the best I have seen. Sometimes in the review I try to find an answer, but I am not sure I am correct. These review sections are divided into five subsections. The first, entitled Speed Bump!, is a question and then the answer is provided. Next is a fill in the blank of the same questions and answers. There are also discussion questions, and a section for non-believers to understand how to apply the information. The last is scripture and books for further study.

I received a copy of this book free of charge from the Booksneeze program of Thomas Nelson. It is accepted with the understanding that I will give my honest opinion of the book.


View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. You said that differing viewpoints from other faiths are presented. Is there a particular viewpoint for Christianity or does the book discuss various Christan interpretations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess I should have worded that differently. They are all Evangelical Christian viewpoints, but as you know different denominations have differing beliefs. For example, Pre-tribulation, mid-trib, post-trib, rapture.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...