Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nearing Home by Billy Graham

Rev Billy Graham is one of the most well known and respected Christian pastors.  I am so happy that he chose to write this book about how to live an honorable and useful life as we grow older.  There is much useful information for those of any age, but especially those who are starting to feel the restrictions of age.  Rev. Graham shows how God used men and women from the Bible when they were in their later years of life, and, of course, how He can still use us today. 

Although he writes about failing strength, health issues, retirement, loss, and family decisions, this is never a depressing book.  He also writes about the “Foundation that Lasts”, influencing those around us by our attitude and behavior, and our home in heaven, and I felt only his upbeat optimism for his heavenly future.

This is a wonderful book not only for seniors, but for every age.  As a matter of fact, young adults will benefit from this book because Rev. Graham gives great insight into the need for preparing for the future.  This is an easy book to read and I appreciated his message.  Growing older is not easy and can easily be depressing if we focus on what we can’t do instead of what we can. Rev. Graham has accomplished so much for the cause of Christ, but he is always humble in his demeanor and writing.

I received this book for review from the Thomas Nelson Booksneeze program.

2 comments:

  1. I saw Billy Graham in London when I was 12. It was a memorable event.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish I had. I can remember as a child we would always watch him on TV. He is truly gifted as a speaker.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...