Friday, December 30, 2011

Concrete Garden Projects by Malin Nilsson and Camilla Arvidsson

I was the fortunate contest winner of this book, a gift certificate to Home Depot, and foam molds to create concrete address numbers.  The project for the house numbers was a video garden project presented on the Timber Press website.  http://www.timberpress.com/

A couple of years ago I made some stepping stones with concrete with found “treasures” around the house, but when I saw Concrete Garden Projects, I realized there were many other things I could make with a little concrete.  I love projects that repurpose and use found items.

This book has inspiration as well as specific instructions for creating useful concrete objects for the yard.  There are a variety of pots using either homemade molds or other containers you have around the house.  There are also mini-ponds, birdbaths, tea lights, and other decorative items.  The last section of the book is the Project Handbook with step-by-step instructions and photographs for working with concrete and molds. There are instructions also for adding decorative touches to your concrete project.

The photographs are nicely done and most are full-page.  Most of the projects are easy and can be made with things you have around the home or inexpensive kitchen or candle molds. This is a great book for those who love their patio spaces!

1 comment:

  1. Setting up my garden each year is a big experience for me. I plant, weed, and get some stones and other decor in order. This book sounds like something I could really get into. I love to recylce- and create! What a lucky prize you won getting this book and a gift certificate. Thanks for sharing this book.

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...