Sunday, August 1, 2010

In Harm's Way by Ridley Pearson

Amazon.com link for In Harm's Way
About the Book: Sun Valley sheriff Walt Fleming's budding relationship with photographer Fiona Kenshaw hits a rough patch after Fiona is involved in a heroic river rescue and she attempts to duck the press. Despite her job and her laudable actions, she begs Walt to keep her photo out of the paper, avoiding him when he can't. Then Walt gets a phone call that changes everything: Lou Boldt, a police sergeant out of Seattle, calls to report that a recent murder may have a Sun Valley connection.

My Review:In Harm's Way is a good mystery/police drama with a likeable main character. Walt Fleming is a single dad trying to balance his difficult, time consuming job with the time he needs to spend with his children.

There are interesting interactions with his coworkers, including his new romantic interest, Fiona Kenshaw. I thought Fiona's emotional issues were a little over-the-top without a complete explanation, and the character of Kira got a little lost in the story. Lou Boldt from another of Pearson’s series is introduced in this book and I think it was a good addition.
The mystery conclusion fell a little short for me. Although I did not figure out the end ahead of time, it still left me unimpressed. I still found the book interesting enough that I would like to read the other Walt Fleming series books, Killer Weekend, Killer View, and Killer Summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,
    I am a new follower and I enjoyed your review. I am usually a great Ridley Pearson fan,especially of his Lou Holdt series, so it is dissappointing that he did not pull this one off as well.
    Great post though.
    If you have time stop by and chek me out at hhtp://www.wrighton-time.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...