Friday, July 26, 2013

The Widows of Braxton County by Jess McConkey


The Widows of Braxton County by Jess McConkey is a multi-generational story about the sins of the father. Kate marries Joseph Krause and moves to his family farm in Iowa. She has high hopes of a peaceful idyllic life, but the Krause family secrets creep into their lives.

This book was a little different from the books I normally read, but I really did enjoy it. I appreciated the way the true meaning of "sins of the father" was presented and how it can be passed from generation to generation. It also has a message of hope of how the pattern can be changed.

The book was well written and held my interest till the very end. I liked the characters, the friendships, and the amazing emotional growth of the main character.

Amazon link to purchase The Widows of Braxton County
I received a review copy of this book in return for an honest and fair review.  I provide a link to Amazon.com to purchase the book, but it is only as a courtesy and I receive no compensation if purchased.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...