Saturday, May 5, 2012

Shooting Crows at Dawn by David Grace


Jubal Dark has been a tough common-sense sheriff for 20 years and is facing down a re-election that is not going well.  In fact, he full expects to lose. Although Dark has caught his share of criminals, there is a hostile attitude in town concerning three escaped killers and an unsolved murder cold case of a young girl.

The characters are all believable.  Dark is a very likeable character as a widower and father of an adult daughter.  Holly Sharps is a crime scene tech working for Texas Ranger Buck Nevis. Buck allows her to make coffee, file, and pick up his dry cleaning.  Holly offers to help Dark solve his cold case and work for free if he will just give her a chance.

This is a pretty gritty tale and although it had a little more violence than I like, I was impressed with the quality writing and suspenseful plot.  This is a great crime drama!


I received an electronic version of Shooting Crows at Dawn for review in return for a review giving my honest opinion. I receive no compensation for any books purchased through my links.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...