Sunday, November 27, 2011

Spotlight On Neutrals by Pat Wys

Since I prefer browns and beiges to bright colors, this is definitely the right book for me.           
The book begins with an explanation of neutrals, values, planning, general cutting and piecing instructions, appliqué, and binding. There are very good instructions from start to finish that would help even a beginning quilter.

Skill levels are not listed, but I would say seven are beginner to easy, three intermediate, and two experienced.  My favorite easy projects are Summer Stitch In which is a pattern with squares and triangles, and the matching pillow Woven Pillow Sham.  My favorite experienced project is Going my Way?, a French braid type quilt.

The cutting and piecing instructions are clear, and the templates are full-sized. The snowflake templates have to be placed on the fold of fabrics, but are easy to use.

I like this book very much and it has earned a place on my permanent shelf.

Thank you to Martingale & Company for the review copy of this book, accepted with the understanding that I will give my honest opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...