Friday, September 23, 2011

Flip Your Way to Fabulous Quilts by Donna Lynn Thomas


Flip Your Way to Fabulous Quilts by Donna Lynn Thomas

The technique of the flip method starts by using a smalls square on the corner of a larger square that is sewn on the diagonal. There are some basic quiltmaking techniques and a short section on improving your accuracy, along with other tips and tricks.  The section on Applying the Concept was a little confusing for me at first, but a slow read and a little practice could master it.

There are three sections of patterns:
  1. Try Me Quilts to learn the folded corner process and is recommended by the author for beginners.
  2. Grow With Me Quilts for intermediate or confident beginners.
  3. Master Me Quilts uses the same skills but the blocks have more pieces.

Shimmering Leaves is my favorite pattern with the beautiful color using dark, medium and light leaf color fabrics.

There is quite a bit of waste using this method, but the last pattern has a quilt to use up all of those scraps.

While working on another quilt I had to make a pieced border that turned out pretty badly, but one look at the book and I realized that the flip method would work perfectly and I was very happy with the results.

(Also available in e-book form)

Thank you to Martingale & Company, Home of That Patchwork Place for a review copy of this book.  I post only my honest opinion and I receive no compensation for any purchase of the the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...