Saturday, August 6, 2011

Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens


It isn’t unusual for an adoptee to want to know their past, but when Sara Gallagher seeks her birth parents she is in for a shock. Her father is a serial killer and her mother was his only victim able to escape.

Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens is an incredibly tense psychological thriller.  It was fast-paced and held my interest – actually I hated to put it down.   I liked the character of Sara, not in spite of, but because she was so flawed.  It was interesting to see her looking at her own behaviors and wondering if they were inherited from her biological father or learned from her adopted parents.  Her fiancé, Evan, added interesting support and also plenty of conflict.  Several characters kept me guessing whether they were good or bad until the end.  

It took a while for me to appreciate the conversations at the beginning of the chapters which were between Sara and her therapist.  I have never had any experience with psychologists, so I found the conversations uncomfortable at first.  All of her insecurities worked very well in this story and added to the tension.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...